What does a Website Analyst do?
- Responsible for creating data entry procedures, managing data integrity, system security, and data analysis.
- Analyze costs and make decisions on technology trends, staffing, and equipment purchasing.
- Works closely with the website development staff, creating new reports and methods to improve data collection.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the rules of Data quality while entering data which are the steps followed by website developers when creating website applications.
- Responsible for the physical security, reviewing the procedures in place to control both the people who have access and exactly what functions they can perform.
- Review of system-generated reports. They are responsible for providing accurate and comprehensive reports to senior management on costs, activity, website visitor demographics, and other information. This is a critical function for effective decision making for both the website and the business overall.
Key skills and Qualifications of a Website Analyst:
- Knowledge of online survey tools, customizing tracking on primary tools, heat mapping, call tracking, ecommerce platforms, payment platforms, CRMs, CMS, SPSS.
- In depth knowledge of the characteristics and mechanics of SEO, PPC email platforms, affiliate, social media, offline media etc.
Web analytics is a newly developing field that has emerged to meet a growing need. As more companies invest significant financial and staff resources into the development of websites and related tools, analysis is required to determine the cost/benefits, ideal usage, and effectiveness of these tools.